We experience a lot in our life times. While we would like every day to have some sort monumental event, that’s sadly not the case. Day in and day out, not much will interrupt our daily grind. So that’s why I like to take stock of the “little things” that remind me there’s a lot to enjoy inbetween the “big” moments in life.
So here’s a list of the little things in life I can’t live without:
- The smell of old books in a library
- The feeling of accomplishment I receive every time I finish a book.
- The loud cheer of fans at a sporting event; it doesn’t matter who is play or who they’re rooting for. My favorite case of this is being in a crowd at a NASCAR race whenever Dale Earnhardt Jr takes the lead. I’ve gotten to experience this twice in the last year.
- The first day of the year when the temperature goes over 70 degrees.
- Standing in line for the midnight showing of the first big summer movie.
- Watching a movie and having all of your expectations exceeded. (Salt, Chronicle)
- Standing outside a theater for an hour with my friends talking about the film we just saw.
- Finally watching a movie on Netflix and removing it from your instant queue after having sat there for months.
- Visiting a big city for the first time.
- When a cute girl smiles back.
- An intense conversation that you can’t remember what you first started talking about.
So what about you? What are some of the small things that get you through the day or even your week?